Information for line managers and senior staff
A NatCen researcher will visit your workplace on a convenient date which you have chosen, or arrange a telephone interview if you prefer.
Interviews with senior staff with responsibility for organisational policies would last:
- 60 minutes for those in organisations where employees have taken up either Shared Parental Leave or Flexible Working
- 40 minutes for those in organisations where employees were eligible but have not taken up the policies
Interviews with line managers would last:
- 40 minutes for those managing employees who have taken up either Shared Parental Leave or Flexible Working
- 30 minutes for those managing employees who were eligible but have not taken up the policies
We will ask you about:
- Your workplace and your role within it
- Your workplace policies on Shared Parental Leave or Flexible Working
- Employee take-up of Shared Parental Leave or Flexible Working
- Your views of how the policies affect employees and employers
If your organisation employs staff who have taken up Adoption Leave and Pay or Unpaid Parental Leave, we may ask senior managers about this too.
While you will not need to prepare, you may wish to know that we will ask senior managers for factual details about workplace size, staff profile and HR function, and it may be useful to have this information to hand. Line managers will be asked to discuss a real example.
The discussions will be confidential. Outside of the individuals taking part at your workplace, the identities of those taking part will be known only to members of the NatCen research team and will not be shared with BEIS or anyone else.
Why have I been selected to take part?
We’ve contacted you because your organisation previously took part in the Management and Wellbeing Practices Survey and agreed to be contacted again about research on related topics. We chose your organisation based on its size and sector, to make sure we include individuals working in a variety of workplaces in the UK.
What will I receive for taking part?
As a token of our appreciation for your time, we will be offering you a £20 voucher.