We are passionate about learning and the value it brings to the organisation and our clients.
Our people are our most valuable resource
We pride ourselves on the range of learning and development opportunities we provide for staff. We are a learning organisation which supports and encourages all staff to extend their capabilities and knowledge throughout their careers with us.
Our mission is to boost the quality of social research
We are committed to strengthening the skills base of social research in the UK through NatCen Learning and we work with external partners to provide a range of student placements, work experience and apprenticeships.
Empowering our staff to do great work
Everyone has access to training and development which supports them in the work they do and personal learning & development plans are tailored to help develop individuals and teams achieve our goals. We aim for a culture of continuous improvement which includes active reflection on development needs and goals using a variety of tools including 121 line management sessions, 360 degree feedback and psychometric profiles.
We support continuing professional development in a number of different ways through our:
- Learning and Development zone which provides a wealth of online information and guidance about career development opportunities
- Anytime e-learning site which is packed full of a wide range of short modules covering a range of topics including IT skills, data protection and management. E-learning is freely accessible to all staff and can be used as part of a formal development path or simply as a quick refresher on key skills
- Management and leadership programme which equips staff to lead their teams with confidence, insight and expertise
- Research Professional Development programme which offers a comprehensive learning and development framework for our researchers, providing state of the art training and development ensuring that we are continually expanding and renewing our research capability
- Graduate scheme for Research
- Core Skills programme for all staff offering a range of activities from one-to-one coaching, team building activities and business skills workshops
- On-the-job coaching and development, peer and action learning, mentoring
- Work placements and shadowing opportunities
- Knowledge exchange and communities of practice - many of our staff belong to informal communities of practice where they come together to share the latest developments in their professional field and to learn from each other, we also have a thriving seminar series.