Taking part for Heads of Delivery
If you have been identified by the DfE as your areas’ Single Point of Contact (SPOC), we will invite you to take part in:
- Up to four interviews between you and a NatCen researcher, depending on your current role and involvement in the programme.
The first two interviews will take place at the start of the evaluation in November 2020 – there will be one interview for each of your areas, and the other two will take place in April 2021, again there will be one interview for each of your areas.
In the first round of interviews, we will ask you about:
- Your experience of the Opportunity Areas programme, including responses to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Key priorities, and what has worked well and less well in achieving them
- Planning and priorities for Year 4 (2020/21)
In the second round of interviews, we will ask you about:
- Year 4 delivery- including the key priorities, and what has worked well and less well in achieving them
- Experiences of the new ‘Twinning’ process
- The longer term sustainability of the projects
You might also be invited to take part in a two day visit by a NatCen researcher to your area, in May-July 2021, social distancing guidance permitting. The visits will include a combination of:
- Half day visits to selected providers, with observations of their activities
- Discussions with selected providers’ staff or partners
- Interviews with frontline professionals
- Focus groups and/or interviews with parents/carers and/or children and young people engaged with Opportunity Area support and provision
What will happen to any information I give?
We will bring together the views of everyone who has taken part in this research into a report for the DfE. While we won’t use any names of individuals in the report, we will name the Opportunity Areas and as a result you may be identifiable in our reports or presentations.
For more information on how NatCen will handle your personal information, please refer to the privacy notice.
You can contact the NatCen research team on 0808 168 0747 or at OAevaluation@natcen.ac.uk.