If you decide to take part we will invite you to take part in a telephone interview at a time convenient for you.
The telephone interview will last for about 35 to 45 minutes.
With your permission we would like to audio record your answers so nothing you say is forgotten. You can ask us to write notes instead. These will be kept securely by us, and only the NatCen team will have access.
It does not matter if you have not taken up any free nursery education or childcare; we still really want to hear your views.
Arranging the interview
We are working with Cragg Ross Dawson, who are helping to arrange interviews with parents.
Someone from Cragg Ross Dawson will ask you some questions to make sure you are eligible to take part in the research. If you are, they will set up a time for the interview.
During the interview we will ask you about:
- Your awareness and understanding of free nursery education and childcare
- Previous experience of free nursery education and childcare and whether you have taken up any up or not
- Reason why you have not taken up the free nursery education or childcare
- What you think about the provision of nursery education and childcare in your local area
- Suggestions for how to encourage people to take up free nursery education and childcare